Subject: Re: bug#49073: 28.0.50; python-send-to-repl functions misbehave

From: Augusto Stoffel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 17:24:11 +0100

On Sat, 26 Feb 2022 at 10:23, Ben Sturmfels via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2021, [email-masked] wrote:
>
>> This is a combined bug report for two unrelated but still somewhat
>> related bugs.
>>
>> - The first bug is that when using `python-send-to-repl` functions, the
>>   input does not get printed in the REPL buffer.

This is by design.  It's not too hard to copy the evaluated code to the
comint buffer, and I toyed a bit with it, eventually concluding that
it's not all that great of a feature.

As to the second point mentioned in the original message of this bug
(“for various setups, even the output does not get printed properly”), I
can't observe this, so a minimal recipe to reproduce would be
appreciated.

>
> This seems similar to bug#29592: 25.3; python does not print input or
> output in the inferior process.
>
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=29592