Subject: Re: Add borg-sans-mono Font

From: Leo Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 08:33:59 +0200

Am Mittwoch, den 16.06.2021, 00:53 +0000 schrieb Charles:
> This is my first contribution, so let me know if I did something
> wrong. The patch is attatched.

> > Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add font-borg-sans-mono
> > 
> > * gnu/packages/fonts.scm (font-borg-sans-mono): Add font
Nitpicky, but the dot in the headerline is missing and we usually
denote new packages by "new variable" since that's what they are on
Scheme level.

> +    (name "font-borg-sans-mono")
> +    (version "0.3.0")
> +    (home-page "https://github.com/charje/borg-sans-mono")
home-page usually comes after build-system+arguments.

> +       (uri (string-append
> +             home-page
> +             "/releases/download/v"
> +             version
> +             "/borg-sans-mono.zip"))
Please type out home-page.  It could very well be, that the devs start
some fancy Github Pages website, which would break this code.

> +    (description "Droid Sans Mono Slashed + Hasklig-style
> ligatures!")
This is not very descriptive at all, I'm afraid.  If Hasklig or Monoid
are a reasonable alternative to this font, it's probably easier to find
a description for them.

Regards,
Leo