Subject: bug#49043: 27.1: ibuffer-toggle-filter-group [BUGFIX]

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 21:56:09 +0200

On Sat, 19 Jun 2021 17:56:24 +0200 Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> 0. emacs -Q
>> 1. Create a nonempty ZIP file test.zip (content is irrelevant).
>> 2. Visit the directory containing test.zip in Dired.
>> 3. Type `M-x load-library RET dired-x RET'.
>> 4. With point on the Dired line containing test.zip type `M-!', which
>>    prompts with "! on test.zip {3 guesses} [unzip]:" and type RET to
>>    execute unzip (this of course requires having the unzip program).
>> 5. With point still on the test.zip line type `D' and at the prompt `y'
>>    to delete the ZIP file.
>> => This raises a file-error (see below), but the ZIP file is deleted.
>> 6. Type `M-x ibuffer'.
>> => This raises the error "tramp-error: Method ‘archive’ is not known."
>> 7. In the *Ibuffer* buffer type `g'.
>> => This raises the error "ibuffer-current-state-list: Args out of range:
>>    #<buffer *Ibuffer*>, 280, 332". 
>
> Thanks for this. Apparently, it is the same error as bug#49030, I'll
> merge both.

Ah, right, I saw that report but then unfortunately forgot about it; it
would have saved me quite a bit of time...

>             A fix will follow soon, pls check whether it works for you.

Looking forward to it!

Steve Berman