Subject: Re: bug#49043: 27.1: ibuffer-toggle-filter-group [BUGFIX]

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 10:19:23 +0200

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

> Oops. I misquoted the code (because I had submitted the report after I
> had made/tested/byte-compiled/over-writte my only local copy). If you look at the
> code on the gnu cgit instance, at line 1907, you'll see that it adds one
> to the line-end-position before passing the value the function
> delete-region.

Right -- so I guess the problem here is that the last line of the buffer
doesn't have a newline...  but skimming the code (I'm not super-familiar
with ibuffer), it seems like the final non-newline line is a summary
line and should be kept out of the sorting/filtering process?  (If
there's a "buffer line" without a newline, it'll mess up the display
after filtering.)

So I think that perhaps the bug is somewhere else, but it's hard to say
without a recipe that reproduces the bug.

Do you have a test case?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no