Subject: Re: bug#49043: 27.1: ibuffer-toggle-filter-group [BUGFIX]

From: Boruch Baum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 16:18:51 -0400

On 2021-06-15 18:15, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > I've been having operation ibuffer-toggle-filter-group reliably crash
> > whenever performed due to it trying to operate on a point beyond
> > point-max. The culprit seems to be in function ibuffer-map-lines where:
> >
> >   (delete-region (line-beginning-position)
> >      	         (line-end-position))))

Oops. I misquoted the code (because I had submitted the report after I
had made/tested/byte-compiled/over-writte my only local copy). If you look at the
code on the gnu cgit instance, at line 1907, you'll see that it adds one
to the line-end-position before passing the value the function
delete-region.

A similar idiom exists on line 1843, so that may be another bug.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0