Subject: [bug#49042] [PATCH 0/2] WIP gnu: Add ruby-taskjuggler.

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 11:04:31 +0200

Hello,

a couple more info on this WIP of mine.

Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>
> giovanni@roquette: tj3 -o tutorial tutorial.tjp 
> TaskJuggler v3.7.1 - A Project Management Software
>
> Copyright (c) 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
>               by Chris Schlaeger <[email-masked]>
>
> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
> the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the
> Free Software Foundation.
>
> tutorial.tjp:11: Error: Europe/Paris is not a known time zone
>   timezone "Europe/Paris"
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I forgot to mention that I'm installing ruby-taskjuggler in my default
profile with "./pre-inst-env guix install ruby-taskjuggler".

I'm on a foreign distro and if I run the program this way:

 TZDIR=/usr/share/zoneinfo tj3 -o tutorial tutorial.tjp 

all is fine.

Anyway: "tzdata" from Guix is not installed AFAIU:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

giovanni@roquette: find /gnu/store -type d -iname 'tzdata'
/gnu/store/9jznxb2f5s46yr8fmppigiad0fyh4b4p-tcl-8.6.10/lib/tcl8.6/tzdata

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

and also TZDIR is not in the search paths of my profile:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
giovanni@roquette: guix package --search-paths -p "/home/giovanni/.guix-profile"
export PATH="/home/giovanni/.guix-profile/bin:/home/giovanni/.guix-profile/sbin"
export GUIX_GTK3_PATH="/home/giovanni/.guix-profile/lib/gtk-3.0"
export GI_TYPELIB_PATH="/home/giovanni/.guix-profile/lib/girepository-1.0"
export XDG_DATA_DIRS="/home/giovanni/.guix-profile/share"
export CHROMIUM_EXTENSION_DIRECTORY="/home/giovanni/.guix-profile/share/chromium/extensions"
export GIT_SSL_CAINFO="/home/giovanni/.guix-profile/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt"
export GIT_EXEC_PATH="/home/giovanni/.guix-profile/libexec/git-core"
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

So the issue is: I'm not able to package so that inputs are properly installed
and env is properly set :-(

I've searched other guix packages to see how they handle tzdata
dependency but I'm not able to find what I'm doing wrong: any hint
please?

Thanks! Giovanni.

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures