Subject: Re: bug#49037: flyspell word correction frustrating

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 20:33:50 +0300

> From: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked],
>  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 19:08:48 +0200 (CEST)
> 
> >> If it was good information I would not complain.
> 
> >What is not good about it?
> 
> For instance:
> 
> 1. It does not tell me that aspell is the default

Why should it?  You set up your system with whatever spell-checker you
want, and Emacs uses that.  It is not Emacs's business to tell you
which spell-checker to install and use.

> 2. It does not tell me that even when I use ispell-word, it might actually
> do something else (aspell-word maybe).

ispell-word is a command, it is unrelated to the program being
invoked.  The manual clearly says that those commands can work with
any one of the 4 supported spell-checkers.

> 3. It does not describe that it searches PATH.

That's an implementation detail.  If you want to know those details,
you have the source to read and study.  The user manual explains how
to use the commands, not how the commands work.