Subject: bug#49033: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Feature suggestion, url-cache-expiry-alist to override expire time for cache pruning

From: Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2021 11:25:09 -0700

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I originally had looked at this for Gravatar entries and I am now using
>> it to avoid fetching the same images in RSS feeds.
>
> Right; makes sense.
>
>> I just noticed though that `url-cache-create-url-from-file' won't work
>> if `url-cache-create-filename-human-readable' is used. Any suggestions
>> for how to address that?
>
> No, sorry -- I'm pretty unfamiliar with the url-cache code.

I need to think about this some more. The easy way is to not try to
recreate the URL but to have users specify the path for cache entries. I
might just do that and see how that works out for me in practice. Either
way, it's not ready for merging yet.

Thanks!

-- 
Alex.