Subject: bug#49030: closed (Re: bug#49030: 28.0.50; Tramp archive error)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 14:23:02 +0000

Your bug report

#49030: 28.0.50; Tramp archive error

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
49030: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=49030
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#49030: 28.0.50; Tramp archive error
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 16:22:33 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 28.1

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Juri,

>>> Such error is signaled:
>>>
>>>   Tramp: Opening connection for file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tgz
>>> using archive...failed
>>>   file-error: org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1
>>>   Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tgz”: No such
>>> file or directory
>>
>> Thanks for the recipe. I've pushed a fix to master, could you pls check?
>
> Thanks for the fix.  I confirm that the error is fixed.
> (I don't know if the merged bug#49043 can be closed.)

Thanks for the confirmation, I'm closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 28.0.50; Tramp archive error
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 01:17:50 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This regression is caused by some change during the previous month.
Here is 100% reproducible test case:

0. emacs -Q -l dired-x
   or (require 'dired-x) after start,
   i.e. the problem is reproducible only when dired-x is loaded.

1. create a .tar or .tgz archive with e.g. `tar zcvf test.tgz file`

2. in Dired flag this archive for deletion with 'd' and type 'x' or just 'D',
   confirm the deletion.

Such error is signaled:

  Tramp: Opening connection for file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tgz using archive...failed
  file-error: org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1
  Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tgz”: No such file or directory

I discovered this problem after saveplace.el started to fail
when in a Dired buffer the current file is a .tar archive:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1 Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tar”: No such file or directory")
  signal(file-error ("org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1 Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tar”: No such file or directory"))
  tramp-error((tramp-file-name "archive" nil nil "file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar" nil "/" nil) file-error "org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1 Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tar”: No such file or directory")
  tramp-gvfs-dbus-event-error((dbus-event :session 3 33 ":1.3" ":1.251" nil nil "org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1" ignore (:string "Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tar”: No such file or directory")) (dbus-error "org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1 Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tar”: No such file or directory"))
  run-hook-with-args(tramp-gvfs-dbus-event-error (dbus-event :session 3 33 ":1.3" ":1.251" nil nil "org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1" ignore (:string "Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tar”: No such file or directory")) (dbus-error "org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1 Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tar”: No such file or directory"))
  dbus-handle-event((dbus-event :session 3 33 ":1.3" ":1.251" nil nil "org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1" ignore (:string "Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tar”: No such file or directory")))
  funcall-interactively(dbus-handle-event (dbus-event :session 3 33 ":1.3" ":1.251" nil nil "org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1" ignore (:string "Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tar”: No such file or directory")))
  command-execute(dbus-handle-event nil [(dbus-event :session 3 33 ":1.3" ":1.251" nil nil "org.gtk.GDBus.UnmappedGError.Quark._g_2dio_2derror_2dquark.Code1" ignore (:string "Error when getting information for file “/tmp/test.tar”: No such file or directory"))] t)
  read-event(nil nil 0.1)
  tramp-gvfs-maybe-open-connection((tramp-file-name "archive" nil nil "file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar" nil "/" nil))
  tramp-gvfs-send-command((tramp-file-name "archive" nil nil "file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar" nil "/" nil) "gvfs-info" "archive://file%253A%252F%252F%252Ftmp%252Ftest.tar/")
  tramp-gvfs-get-root-attributes("/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  tramp-gvfs-get-file-attributes("/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  tramp-gvfs-handle-file-attributes("/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  apply(tramp-gvfs-handle-file-attributes "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  tramp-gvfs-file-name-handler(file-attributes "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  apply(tramp-gvfs-file-name-handler file-attributes "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  tramp-file-name-handler(file-attributes "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  tramp-handle-file-exists-p("/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  apply(tramp-handle-file-exists-p "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  tramp-gvfs-file-name-handler(file-exists-p "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  apply(tramp-gvfs-file-name-handler file-exists-p "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  tramp-file-name-handler(file-exists-p "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  file-exists-p("/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  tramp-gvfs-handle-file-readable-p("/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  apply(tramp-gvfs-handle-file-readable-p "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  tramp-gvfs-file-name-handler(file-readable-p "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  apply(tramp-gvfs-file-name-handler file-readable-p "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  tramp-file-name-handler(file-readable-p "/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  file-readable-p("/archive:file%3A%2F%2F%2Ftmp%2Ftest.tar:/")
  tramp-archive-handle-file-readable-p("/tmp/test.tar/")
  apply(tramp-archive-handle-file-readable-p "/tmp/test.tar/")
  tramp-archive-file-name-handler(file-readable-p "/tmp/test.tar/")
  save-place-forget-unreadable-files()
  save-place-alist-to-file()
  save-place-kill-emacs-hook()