Subject: bug#49007: 28.0.50; "docstring wider than 80" misfire

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 13:47:27 -0400

Package: Emacs
Version: 28.0.50

Byte-compiling the declaration below complains that

    defalias `rudel-connect' docstring wider than 80 characters

even though it stays within the 80 columns limit.

        Stefan

(cl-defgeneric rudel-connect ((this rudel-protocol-backend) transport
			      info info-callback
			      &optional progress-callback)
  "Create a new connection through TRANSPORT according to the data in INFO.
TRANSPORT has to be an object of a class derived from `rudel-transport'.
INFO has to be a property list.
INFO-CALLBACK has to be a function of two arguments which will be
bound to THIS and INFO.  When called, INFO-CALLBACK should return
a modified version of the INFO argument in which no information
is missing.
When non-nil, PROGRESS-CALLBACK has to be a function that may be
called repeatedly while the connection is established.

Implementations can rely on the fact that the property :session
in INFO contains the `rudel-session' object to which the new
connection will be associated.")