Subject: bug#48995: closed (Re: bug#48995: Apparently fixed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 08:29:03 +0000

Your bug report

#48995: 28.0.50; Within eshell, company completion for cd-less directory-changing wipes out all but the most recent subdirectory

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48995: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48995
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#48995: Apparently fixed
From: Brian Leung <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 09:27:48 +0100 (CET)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing.

January 8, 2023 at 10:59:54 PM CET Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:On 07/01/2023 12:24, Nicolas Martyanoff wrote:
> 
> FYI This bug seems to have been fixed by
> 899055eef5b212d63e352ada2ac917d13c033a59.
> 

Looks like it indeed.

Brian, would you care to verify?

-- 
Sent with https://mailfence.com
Secure and private email
-- Sent with https://mailfence.com  Secure and private email

Subject: 28.0.50; Within eshell, company completion for cd-less directory-changing wipes out all but the most recent subdirectory
From: Brian Leung <[email-masked]>
To: Bug Gnu Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 05:23:18 +0200 (CEST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With an init file like

> (require 'company)
> (global-company-mode 1)

I run

> mkdir ~/apple ~/apple/ball ~/apple/ball/caterpillar ~/apple/ball/catnip
> emacs -q -l above-init.el

and start Eshell in the home directory. At the Eshell prompt, I type

> apple/ball/cat

and am presented with two candidates for completion in the Company popup. Choosing either one will complete with that subdirectory alone (for example, "catnip/" instead of something like the desired "/home/alice/apple/ball/catnip/").

This issue appears only in Emacs 28; if I perform the same experiment with the latest rev of origin/emacs-27, the completion correctly completes with the full path.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.27, cairo version 1.16.0)
Repository revision: 0afab352e02d7070a8ced2af53c1d01217400cdf
Repository branch: master
System Description: NixOS 21.11 (Porcupine)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/9ywhrly5lb0565d7kz830j339hiwm4hg-emacs-gcc-20210612.0
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft
 --with-cairo --with-native-compilation'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH: 
  value of $EMACSNATIVELOADPATH: /nix/store/qf9ylv3vh988ls6y2fpmm6y4gk9mvka4-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/native-lisp::
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Eshell

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  eshell-prompt-mode: t
  eshell-hist-mode: t
  eshell-pred-mode: t
  eshell-cmpl-mode: t
  eshell-proc-mode: t
  eshell-arg-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/run/current-system/sw/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start hides /nix/store/qf9ylv3vh988ls6y2fpmm6y4gk9mvka4-emacs-packages-deps/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start
/run/current-system/sw/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start hides /nix/store/9ywhrly5lb0565d7kz830j339hiwm4hg-emacs-gcc-20210612.0/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source password-cache json map text-property-search
time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-extra help-mode em-unix em-term term shell
ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs esh-var
em-cmpl pcomplete comint ansi-color em-basic em-banner em-alias esh-mode
eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module
esh-groups esh-util company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags
fileloop generator xref cl-seq project eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs ring company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb company edmacro kmacro pcase subr-x
cl-loaddefs cl-lib t-mouse term/linux jka-compr seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv disp-table iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 109316 9452)
 (symbols 48 9713 0)
 (strings 32 31428 1928)
 (string-bytes 1 1096160)
 (vectors 16 17532)
 (vector-slots 8 361930 8072)
 (floats 8 54 296)
 (intervals 56 248 0)
 (buffers 992 12))

-- 
Mailfence.com
Private and secure email