Subject: Re: bug#48985: [PATCH] gnu: libressl: Remove search paths.

From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 08:49:32 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]> skribis:
>> -                            ,(string-append "--with-cacert="
>> -                                            (assoc-ref %build-inputs "libressl")
>> -                                            "/etc/ssl/cert.pem"))
>> +     `(#:configure-flags (list "--with-privsep-user=ntpd"
>> +                               "--localstatedir=/var"
>> +                               (string-append "--with-cacert="
>> +                                              (assoc-ref %build-inputs "libressl")
>> +                                              "/share/libressl-"
>> +                                              ,(package-version libressl)
>> +                                              "/cert.pem"))
>
> So the etc/ssl/cert.pm file name was wrong for a while?

No, the file existed and was used properly.  I forgot to mention
explicitly that libressl used to put it's SSL configuration in etc/ssl,
I moved it to share/libressl-$version/ as does openssl.

> Note: instead of (package-version libressl), we should look at the
> libressl input of ‘this-package’, though it’s probably not big deal
> here.

I tired to correct it, missed. But I have fixed it in the second commit.
:/

> Otherwise LGTM, thanks!

Pushed as 76a9bad380111493b5a1422485f941de799c6c90 and
d65bd74411ab4820318311062b0f327b139a5784.

Cheers,
- Brice