Subject: bug#48978: closed (Re: bug#48978: 28.0.50; native-comp: Error: File error Creating file with prefix)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 07:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#48978: 28.0.50; native-comp: Error: File error Creating file with prefix

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48978: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48978
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#48978: 28.0.50; native-comp: Error: File error Creating file with prefix
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: No Wayman <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 07:51:02 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

No Wayman <[email-masked]> writes:

> Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Right I pushed dc4ac39b26, it should do the job. Nick could you have
>> a
>> look if the it solves the problem?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>   Andrea
>
>
> Rebuilt from current head of master and everything looks like it's
> working fine.
>
> Thanks Andrea and Eli.

Very nice, closing.

Thanks for reporting.

  Andrea

Subject: 28.0.50; native-comp: Error: File error Creating file with prefix
From: No Wayman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2021 15:48:33 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recently upgraded and I'm getting the same error for all of the 
elisp files under /usr/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/*
e.g.

Warning (comp): /usr/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/progmodes/etags.el: 
Error: File error Creating file with prefix 

Happens regardless of whether Emacs is started with my init or 
with emacs -Q.
As soon as any package along that path is loaded, the errors kick 
in when JIT native compilation is attempted.
Inspecting ~/.emacs.d/eln-cache/28.0.50-d3c1e6c9 confirms the 
error, as none of those package have corresponding .eln files.

Happy to provide more information if necessary 

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, 
cairo version 1.17.4, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2021-06-12 built on arch
Repository revision: 0afab352e02d7070a8ced2af53c1d01217400cdf
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.12011000
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man 
 --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-sound=alsa --with-modules --without-gconf 
 --without-gsettings
 --enable-link-time-optimization --with-native-compilation
 --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-xft --with-xaw3d
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt 
 -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -flto 
 -fuse-linker-plugin'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'
Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON 
LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY 
INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS 
X11
XAW3D XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix