Subject: bug#4896: DocView: Continuous mode

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 22:43:32 +0200

>> The following patch adds a new variable `doc-view-continuous-mode' and
>> uses it in two new commands `doc-view-next-line-or-next-page' and
>> `doc-view-previous-line-or-previous-page'.
>
> Looks good to me, except that I have the feeling that this whole "check
> if scolling happened" thingy could be refactored into its own functions
> and used from doc-view-scroll-up-or-next-page and
> doc-view-next-line-or-next-page (and the other two).

Yes, this could be refactored after we reach a more/less final
implementation.

>> However, I still have no idea how make the mouse-wheel to jump to the
>> next/previous page depending on the value of
>> `doc-view-continuous-mode'.
>
> Can't you simply bind mouse-4/5 to the two new functions?

mwheel.el provides many useful settings like `mouse-wheel-scroll-amount'
that we should respect in DocView.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/