Subject: bug#4896: DocView: Continuous mode

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 13:14:19 +0200

> What do you exactly mean with Continuous mode?

I mean a mode to scroll through document pages without having to use the
previous-page and next-page keys like I described in the first message:
http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=4896

> One big buffer, where all images are shown each on its own line?

Hmm, maybe.  Do you think this will cause problems with a large number
of pages and corresponding images in the same buffer?

> There's some "minor continuous mode", i.e. when you scroll with SPC and
> DEL, you will finally switch pages and start at the beginning/end
> respectively.

Yes, SPC and DEL already scroll continuously.

> But still, there's only one image in the buffer.

In the simplest case, one image is enough, provided that C-n/C-p
and mouse scroll will jump to the next/previous page.  That's what
`evince' and `kpdf' do in non-continuous mode.

Ideally, there could be two images at a time, where you see the tail of
the previous page and the head of the next page.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/