Subject: Re: bug#4896: DocView: Continuous mode

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 12:04:19 +0100

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Juri!

>>> What I mean is the continuous page mode where you can scroll through
>>> document pages without having to use the previous-page and next-page keys.
>> [...]
>>> Any opinions on implementing this?
>>
>> Go for it (tho still supporting the page-by-page mode, of course: I
>> much prefer it since it makes it possible to browse thorugh the whole
>> document without wasting screen real estate on its margins).
>
> Since most stand-alone PDF views don't enable Continuous mode by
> default, we could keep the current page-by-page mode in DocView as
> well.

What do you exactly mean with Continuous mode?  One big buffer, where
all images are shown each on its own line?  I think that would be nice
sometimes.

There's some "minor continuous mode", i.e. when you scroll with SPC and
DEL, you will finally switch pages and start at the beginning/end
respectively.  But still, there's only one image in the buffer.

Anyway, here you have a "go for it" from my side, too.  I think doc-view
is not too hard-wired to this "one page at a time" style, so it sounds
quite doable.

Bye,
Tassilo