Subject: Re: bug#4896: DocView: Continuous mode

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 20:35:02 +0300

>> With smooth scrolling, navigation keys like C-p/<up> and C-n/<down>
>> on reaching the beginning/end of the current page should advance to the
>> previous/next page.
>>
>> Using the mouse in the continuous mode requires advancing to another
>> page on the page edges.
>>
>> Any opinions on implementing this?
>
> It seems like Juri implemented this at the time, and it seems to work
> well for me.  The discussion then went on to whether it should be a
> minor mode (I don't think that's necessary) and various other
> improvements in doc-view and image-mode, but I think that basically
> everything concrete was covered, so I'm closing this bug report.

I implemented only a simple version that doesn't scroll smoothly.
Fortunately, now dalanicolai is making progress on the complete
implementation of this feature.  And development is going on
on emacs-devel, so this request doesn't need to be kept open indeed.