Subject: bug#4896: DocView: Continuous mode

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 10:27:26 +0100

Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> writes:

> If there are problems with that, maybe we should create a minor mode?

I tried it out, and I'd prefer to have a minor mode, because although I
like the continuous mode, sometimes I have to switch it off.  With a
minor mode and the command bound to some key that would be more
convenient that M-: (setq doc-view-continuous-mode nil) RET.

> However, Continuous mode as a minor mode would complicate interactions
> with another minor mode `doc-view-minor-mode' with questions like
> should `C-c C-c' disable `doc-view-continuous-mode' and should another
> `C-c C-c' re-enable it, and so on?

doc-view minor mode should always be off in doc-view buffers.  Its
intention is to be active when editing a PDF/PS/DVI document in
fundamental or ps-mode.  There, it only provides the key binding C-c C-c
to switch to doc-view quickly.

So I don't see how both minor modes would interfer with each other,
except that the C-c C-c key is already used.

Bye,
Tassilo