Subject: icecat imcomplete LD_LIBRARY_PATH affecting Kerberos authentication

From: Ignacio Coterillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 13:21:02 +0200

Hello,

[Summary]
- The icecat package doesn't correctly set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
variable during the wrap-program build stage to include mit-krb5 libraries
so kerberos authentication fails as the libraries are not found at runtime:

[Details]
Execution logs obtained by running icecat with the following setup:

$ export NSPR_LOG_FILE=icecat
$ export NSPR_LOG_MODULES=negotiateauth:5
$ icecat

icecat.moz_log:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Parent 30197: Main Thread]: D/negotiateauth entering nsAuthGSSAPI::nsAuthGSSAPI()
[Parent 30197: Main Thread]: D/negotiateauth Fail to load gssapi library
[Parent 30197: Main Thread]: D/negotiateauth entering nsAuthGSSAPI::Init()

Confirmed by running through strace:

$ strace -e "open,openat" icecat 2>&1 |grep -E "gssapi|krb5"

(See results in attachment)

Best regards,

Ignacio