Subject: bug#48950: 28.0.50; Gnus nnvirtual selection with positive prefix shows newest articles of component groups

From: Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 10:34:32 -0700

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I am not sure if this behavior is intentional or not, but it surprised
>> me and I thought I'd ask before I invest time changing it.
>>
>> When selecting an `nnvirtual' group with a numeric prefix, I see the
>> newest messages of each of its component groups and not the newest
>> messages of the combined group.
>
> Yup.  It's pretty annoying and should be fixed, but I didn't see any
> easy way to do that the last time I poked at it (which was a couple
> decades ago).

OK, good to know that this is a known problem. No promises when I will
get around to looking at it.

-- 
Alex.