Subject: bug#48945: PostgreSQL + Cuirass Errors

From: Eric Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 13:48:51 -0500

Eric Brown <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello:
>
> Executive Summary:
> - Can't reinstall Cuirass and/or PostgreSQL
> - Divide by 0 error reported by postgres when computing metrics
>

An update on this:

I have reinstalled, and I can get PostgreSQL working.  I think my
problem was trying to "reset" cuirass by removing it from config.scm
repeatedly, and shuffling up uid/gid's etc.  I think I can avoid this.

The other problem remains:  it seems that cuirass rolls along pretty
well for a while and then will report an error.  It could also be
triggered perhaps because I am adding a package build rule after
reconfigure -- but I think it's appeared with just these packages as
well.

-----------------

2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric percentage-failure-10-last-eval-per-spec (my-texlive) to 0.0.                                                     
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric percentage-failure-100-last-eval-per-spec (my-texlive) to 18.42105263157895.                                      
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric percentage-failed-eval-per-spec (my-texlive) to 18.42105263157895.                                                
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric average-10-last-eval-duration-per-spec (my-xfce) to 31.0.                                                         
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric average-100-last-eval-duration-per-spec (my-xfce) to 31.0.                                                        
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric average-eval-duration-per-spec (my-xfce) to 31.0.                                                                 
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric percentage-failure-10-last-eval-per-spec (my-xfce) to 0.0.                                                        
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric percentage-failure-100-last-eval-per-spec (my-xfce) to 0.0.                                                       
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric percentage-failed-eval-per-spec (my-xfce) to 0.0.                                                                 
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Failed to compute metric average-eval-build-start-time (14335).                                                                   
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric average-eval-build-complete-time (14335) to 12.0.                                                                 
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric evaluation-completion-speed (14335) to 300.0.                                                                     
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Failed to compute metric average-eval-build-start-time (14206).                                                                   
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric average-eval-build-complete-time (14206) to 1.0.                                                                  
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric evaluation-completion-speed (14206) to 3600.0.                                                                    
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Failed to compute metric average-eval-build-start-time (14196).                                                                   
2021-06-14T09:35:01 Updating metric average-eval-build-complete-time (14196) to 0.0.                                                                  
2021-06-14T09:35:01 fatal: uncaught exception 'psql-query-error' in 'metrics' fiber!                                                                  
2021-06-14T09:35:01 exception arguments: (fatal-error "PGRES_FATAL_ERROR" "ERROR:  division by zero\n")                                               
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:                                                                                                                                  
  1747:15 11 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7fa71b9f25d0 at ic?> ?)                                                                              
  1752:10 10 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)                                                                                             
    724:2  9 (call-with-prompt ("break") #<procedure 7fa71f8cfe00 a?> ?)                                                                              
    724:2  8 (call-with-prompt ("continue") #<procedure 7fa71f8d5f8?> ?)           

    724:2  8 (call-with-prompt ("continue") #<procedure 7fa71f8d5f8?> ?)                                                                    [416/1949]
In ice-9/eval.scm:                                                                                                                                    
    619:8  7 (_ #(#(#<directory (cuirass scripts register) 7fa72?> ?)))                                                                               
In cuirass/logging.scm:                                                                                                                               
    58:18  6 (call-with-time-logging "Metrics update" #<procedure 7f?>)                                                                               
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:                                                                                                                                  
  1685:16  5 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)                                                                                                     
  1780:13  4 (_ #<&compound-exception components: (#<&error> #<&orig?>)                                                                               
   2137:6  3 (_ _ . _)                                                                                                                                
  1747:15  2 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7fa7250ccb10 at ic?> ?)                                                                              
In cuirass/utils.scm:                                                                                                                                 
   299:22  1 (_)                                                                                                                                      
In unknown file:                                                                                                                                      
           0 (make-stack #t)                                                                                                                          
ERROR: In procedure make-stack:                                                                                                                       
Throw to key `psql-query-error' with args `(fatal-error "PGRES_FATAL_ERROR" "ERROR:  division by zero\n")'.                                           
                                                                                                                                                      
Some deprecated features have been used.  Set the environment                                                                                         
variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the                                                                                            
program to get more information.  Set it to "no" to suppress                                                                                          
this message.