Subject: Re: bug#48933: [PATCH] build: Make outputs of node-build-system reproducible.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2021 22:58:31 +0200

Hi,

Lars-Dominik Braun <[email-masked]> skribis:

[...]

>> (guix docker) does this:
>> and (guix packages) does something similar.
> Hm, maybe it would make sense to export a set of options, so
> build systems/packages can share them? Or create a package that wraps
> tar with the proper options?

Would be nice.

Even better would be to use a custom tar implementation (similar to
(guix cpio)) that would make it easier and less clunky to ensure
reproducibility.

>> So ‘--sort=name’ seems to be missing.
> It’s present, see above ↑*

Indeed.  :-)

> Updated patch attached. I’ll push it if there are no further comments.

Perfect, thanks!

Ludo’.