Subject: bug#48931: Subject: bug#48931: Hyperbole find-file error

From: Robert Weiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:47:23 -0500

Hi Jean Louis:

I assume this was fixed long ago in the V8 pre-releases that you follow.
Please let us know and close this issue if so.

Thanks,

Bob

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Subject: bug#48931: Be explicit here.  Make a statement or ask a question.
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 10:45:53 +0300 (33 weeks, 4 days, 8 hours ago)
Resent-From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>

When trying to C-x C-f

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function hyperb:substitute-in-file-name)
  (hyperb:substitute-in-file-name filename)
  (if (string-match
"\\(/\\|[^a-zA-Z0-9]\\)?\\(https?\\|ftp\\|telnet\\|news\\|n..." filename)
(substring filename (match-beginning 2)) (hyperb:substitute-in-file-name
filename))
  substitute-in-file-name("~/Programming/emacs-lisp/my-business/lumb")
  completion--file-name-table("~/Programming/emacs-lisp/my-business/lumb"
41 completion--unquote)
  complete-with-action(completion--unquote completion--file-name-table
"~/Programming/emacs-lisp/my-business/lumb" 41)
  #f(compiled-function (table) #<bytecode
0x14da1ce7d96532d9>)(completion--file-name-table)
  completion--some(#f(compiled-function (table) #<bytecode
0x14da1ce7d96532d9>) (completion--embedded-envvar-table
completion--file-name-table))
  read-file-name-internal("~/Programming/emacs-lisp/my-business/lumb" 41
completion--unquote)
  completion--nth-completion(1 "~/Programming/emacs-lisp/my-business/lumb"
read-file-name-internal file-exists-p 41 (metadata (category . file)
(completion--unquote-requote . t)))
  completion-try-completion("~/Programming/emacs-lisp/my-business/lumb"
read-file-name-internal file-exists-p 41 (metadata (category . file)
(completion--unquote-requote . t)))
  completion--do-completion(12 53)

I use:  Editor:      GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+
Version 3.24.29, cairo version 1.17.4)

        Hyperbole:   8.0.0pre
        Sys Type:    x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
        OS Type:     gnu/linux
        Window Sys:  x
        News Reader: Gnus v5.13

-- 
Thanks,
Jean Louis

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns