Subject: bug#48916: 28.0.50; allow windmove to select windows with the 'no-other-window parameter

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 16:48:45 +0200

>>>>> On Tue, 08 Jun 2021 17:12:08 +0300, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> said:

    >> From: pillule <[email-masked]>
    >> Cc: pillule <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
    >> Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2021 15:28:34 +0200
    >> 
    >> > This isn't formatted accoring to our rules.  In particular, each
    >> > sentence after the colon should begin with a capital letter and
    >> > end with a period.  See CONTRIBUTE for more details (and I suggest
    >> > to use Emacs commands for writing log messages, as they will take
    >> > care of some routine parts of the formatting for you).
    >> 
    >> So that means you are recommending to use VC instead of Magit 
    >> (that I used) for committing changes ?

How you commit is up to you. This is about how to create the commit
message.

    >> Maybe Magit have a something that I am not aware for this purpose 
    >> ?

    Eli> AFAIK, Magit does have such a command, but don't ask me what it is...

'magit-generate-changelog', which you can run from your Magit commit
buffer. It's pretty much the same as C-x 4 A
(diff-add-change-log-entries-other-window), which you'd run from a
*vc-diff* buffer. The main difference is that C-x 4 A and C-x 4 a will
put entries into a ChangeLog file or buffer.

Robert
--