Subject: bug#48914: 2021-06-07; C-cC-e environment insertion with first line of contents commented out

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 15:05:09 +0900

Hi Jean,

>>>>> jfbu <[email-masked]> writes:
> The result is

> % \begin{foo}
> %   deliberately missing closing $ after \simeq
> Reduces the background count rate by a factor of $R$ ($R\simeq 1/(1-.89) = 9.1
> for the shielding I used).
> % \end{foo}

> Perhaps environment insertion should by default, except
> if in doctex-mode, not use % ?

> or use it only if **all** lines are commented out ?

How about customizing `LaTeX-insert-into-comments' to nil? This option
has an effect of adding comment prefixes at the beginning of line for
some commands, and defaults to t.

AUCTeX sets this option to t unconditionally in doctex mode, so the
current default makes the standard latex mode to behave like doctex mode
in some aspects. (I'm not sure why it defaults to t.)

Some other commands are affected when you set this to nil, so please
report if it brings any undesired experience for you.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita