Subject: Re: bug#48902: 28.0.50; Directory names containing apostrophes and backticks cause problems

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2021 16:19:35 +0100

On Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 01:40:18PM +0200, Mattias Engdegård wrote:
> 8 juni 2021 kl. 22.33 skrev Alan Third <[email-masked]>:
> 
> > Patch attached. I've tested it here but I only have a couple of images
> > to try it with.
> 
> Looks fine, but the image_find_image_file comment needs to be
> amended since it says that it returns an encoded string.

I've made a change to the comment.

> Furthermore, if we use stringWithLispString: for file names, no
> special file name encoding step should be needed on our side, since
> the NS libs will perform any needed normalisation (at least if I've
> understood it right).

Yes, I believe that's right, so I've made that change too and pushed
to master.

As far as I can see this fixes the problem so I'll close the bug
report. If it's still broken in some way, please reply to this email
and we'll reopen the bug.

Thanks everyone!
-- 
Alan Third