Subject: [master][windows10] emacs hangs when editing *.xml files

From: Édouard Debry <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 10:14:10 +0200

Hello,

- emacs master (a few weeks)
- compiled with native-comp on windows 10 with latest mingw64 
  environment

* Bug description
  - open an *xml file, the nxml-mode is enabled in the buffer.
  - edit (modify, save changes) the *xml file
  - within a few minutes, emacs hangs by consuming the whole ram 
  (not cpu).
    As a consequence, windows 10 becomes much less responsive

That is to note, this issue does not occur if I do noy modify the 
*xml file.

I checked on windows 10 that it is precisely emacs which eats all 
memory, not one of its child processes.

I am not 100% sure yet, but it does not seem platform 
(windows,linux) related.

I googled "emacs xml hangs", some similar issues have already been 
reported, but I could not find any fixes or workaround.

The only workaround so far I found is to quickly edit xml files, 
save and close them
before emacs begins to eat all memory.

Regards