Subject: Re: bug#48804: 27.2; compilation emacs on macOS

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 09:46:30 +0300

> From: Niels Søndergaard <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 07:54:44 +0200
> 
> When trying to compile (28.0.50) with --with-native-compilation, the
> ./configure comes out with libgccjit failed the smoke test, and the
> explanation for getting libgccjit is not easy, actual it's very
> complicated.

The message is:

  Installed libgccjit has failed passing the smoke test.
  You can verify it yourself compiling:
  <https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/jit/intro/tutorial01.html>.
  Please report the issue to your distribution if libgccjit was installed
  through that.
  Here instructions on how to compile and install libgccjit from source:
  <https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/JIT>

Could you please be more specific about what is unclear or complicated
in this message, and how would you like us to make it more clear and
easy to understand?