Subject: bug#48804: 27.2; compilation emacs on macOS

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 10:49:37 +0300

> From: Niels Søndergaard <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 08:51:06 +0200
> Cc: Niels Søndergaard <[email-masked]>,
>  [email-masked]
> 
> The configure sends a link, but I can’t find the source to compile out of that, neither can I understand, what
> the “smoke” test is.

The link shows a source of a C program whose first line says:

  Smoketest example for libgccjit.so

> I tried to follow the instruktions, but god lost underway….

You mean, the instructions on the URL how to compile the test program?
They are quite simple: 2 shell commands.

Anyway, I've modified that error message to say this instead:

  The installed libgccjit failed to compile and run a test program using
  the libgccjit library; see config.log for the details of the failure.
  The test program can be found here:
  <https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/jit/intro/tutorial01.html>.
  You can try compiling it yourself to investigate the issues.
  Please report the issue to your distribution if libgccjit was installed
  through that.
  You can find the instructions on how to compile and install libgccjit from
  source on this site:
  <https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/JIT>.

Is this clear enough now?

Thanks.