Subject: Re: bug#48801: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Feature suggestion gnus-retrieve-headers check for nov-is-evil when agent is enabled

From: Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 11:47:32 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 11:05:14 -0700
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> +One particular scenario in which it can be desirable to not use
>> +@samp{XOVER} is for @code{nnvirtual} groups in order to support
>> +limiting by extra headers (e.g., by the newsgroup of its component
>> +groups.) Because group parameters are not inherited, a separate select
>           ^^
> Our conventions are to leave 2 spaces between sentences.

Thanks for pointing that out! Is there a style document for code and
documentation that I could use as a reference?

diff --git a/doc/misc/gnus.texi b/doc/misc/gnus.texi
index 32ba5aee92..e7ced97ef9 100644
--- a/doc/misc/gnus.texi
+++ b/doc/misc/gnus.texi
@@ -5246,6 +5246,13 @@ To From Newsgroups
 Be aware, though, that this will make entering an @acronym{NNTP} group
 much, much slower, so this is not recommended.
 
+One particular scenario in which it can be desirable to not use
+@samp{XOVER} is for @code{nnvirtual} groups in order to support
+limiting by extra headers (e.g., by the newsgroup of its component
+groups.)  Because group parameters are not inherited, a separate
+select method for the component groups with the appropriate
+@code{nov-is-evil} set as a method variable is required.
+
 
 @node Summary Buffer Mode Line
 @subsection Summary Buffer Mode Line
-- 
Alex.