Subject: Re: VC mark-resolved

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:04:00 -0400

>> > > CVS is hardly alone.  In fact, it seems that no other back-end
>> > > implements the mark-resolved action: I tried grepping for
>> > > `mark-resolved' in the vc-*.el files and came up with nothing.
>> > 
>> > There should be a (defalias 'vc-cvs-mark-resolved 'ignore)
>> > Or maybe even (defalias 'vc-default-mark-resolved 'ignore).
>> > But in any case, it seems like the mark-resolved thingy was not
>> > fully implemented if none of the backends define it.
>> 
>> Yep, a pointer to a relevant discussion: 
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/94816

> I checked in a new function, vc-default-mark-resolved, into vc.el.  It
> does nothing except issue a message saying the conflict is resolved.
> Someone else can write the vc-*-mark-resolved functions at a later date;
> for now, at least `C-x v v' doesn't get stuck at the error.

Thank you.  It shouldn't issue a message, tho: if we want it, we'd want
it in the backend-independent part of the code.

        Stefan