Subject: Re: [bug#48797] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-vscode-dark-plus.

From: Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 21:43:09 +0200

Hello,

Adam Kandur via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-vscode-dark-plus.

Thank you. Some comments follow.
> +    (version "v2.0.0")

The version should be "2.0.0".

The "v" prefix should be appendend ...

> +       (uri (git-reference
> +             (url "https://github.com/ianyepan/vscode-dark-plus-emacs-theme")
> +             (commit version)))

... here with (string-append "v" version)

> +    (synopsis "A port of the default VS Code Dark+ theme")

The synopsis cannot start with the article "A". You may want to run guix
lint to catch this. I suggest the following:

    Emacs port of the default VS Code Dark+ theme

> +    (description
> +     "An accurate port of the default Visual Studio Code Dark+ theme for Emacs.  This theme aims to be as
> +identical as possible to the default Dark+ color scheme used by Visual Studio Code.")

The description cannot start with the article "An" either. See above.
Besides, the two sentences have the same meaning. I suggest to drop the
first one.

> +    (license license:gpl3)))

The license is actually gpl3+ if you look at the header of
"vscode-dark-plus-theme.el".

Also, there seems to be an issue with white spaces.

Could you send an updated patch?

Regards,
-- 
Nicolas Goaziou