Subject: bug#48796: Guix on Debian 11 - Cant run or find applications from Guix

From: Giovanni Biscuolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 16:14:33 +0200

Hi!

unfortunately AFAIU we still have issues with XDG-related environment
variables

please consider that $PATH env variable is /not/ the issue, the issue is
only related to XDG and *.desktop files

zimoun <[email-masked]> writes:

> What is the concrete next action of this bug [1]?
>
> 1: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/48796>

solve it, since XDG Desktop integration of Guix installed application
unfortunately still don't work on (few? many?) foreign distributions, at
least it does non work on Debian 11

solving probably means better documentation

[...]

> What could be the improvements here?

find a documented and reproducible way to make Guix installed
application appear in a Debian 11 (and others) installed desktop manager
menu

[...]

I'm going to reply to one of my previous messages in this thread to
recap the situation trying to not repeat all the details.

...to be continued

Happy hacking! Gio'

-- 
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures