Subject: Re: bug#48793: Make guix room available over matrix

From: Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 16:22:57 -0400

Hi BoOod,

You can use the bridge at #guix:libera.chat I think.

Le 2 juin 2021 14:42:47 GMT-04:00, bo0od <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>Hi There,
>
>I saw that guix shifted from freenode to libera (due to freenode 
>incident), Well it turns that libera just another freenode when it
>comes 
>to Anti-Tor/Anti-Privacy:
>
>https://github.com/Libera-Chat/libera-chat.github.io/issues/63
>
>Since Guix as well jumped under libera umbrella it has the same issue 
>which no one can talk to guix irc room unless hes using clearnet IP or 
>VPN ip then shift to Tor (long run to just talk about couple of issues 
>with good privacy)
>
>As better alternative to whole IRC thing is to use Matrix and you can 
>bridge the two rooms (matrix <-> IRC) with that no headache of 
>registration and blocked connections...etc
>
>ThX!