Subject: bug#48793: Make guix room available over matrix

From: bo0od <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 19:39:34 +0000

It does support Tor but currently matrix not yet fully support libera.

 > There's *also* #guix:matrix.org.  It is a ‘real’ Matrix channel/room,
 > but it is not managed by the project and fewer core contributors lurk
 > there.

Yeah thats the bad part of it which need to get bridged to the official 
room in libera.

 > It's not really a bug, though, is it?  There's no official Guix Mastodon
 > either.

Bug in a way that guix doesnt provide or support privacy entrance to 
their chat, Guix lack it due to their choice of libera IRC server. Thats 
why i opened this ticket in the hope to have better future for direct 
chatting and try to see how we can fix this situation.

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice:
> bo0od 写道：
>> Im not sure im following, Does guix has its own room over matrix or
>> not? if yes what is it
> 
> There's #guix:libera.chat that Julien already pointed out.  It's a 
> bridge to the official #guix channel at Libera.  Messages are sent back 
> & forth between Libera and matrix.org.  I don't know if matrix.org 
> supports Tor.
> 
> There's *also* #guix:matrix.org.  It is a ‘real’ Matrix channel/room, 
> but it is not managed by the project and fewer core contributors lurk 
> there.
> 
>> if not thats why i opened this ticket.
> 
> It's not really a bug, though, is it?  There's no official Guix Mastodon 
> either.
> 
> Kind regards,
> 
> T G-R