Subject: bug#48793: Make guix room available over matrix

From: Bone Baboon <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 11:34:53 -0400

bo0od writes:

> if guix irc migrated to OFTC

OFTC has a problematic registration process.

In the registration process they encourage the use of Google captcha.
Further there is no mention during the registration process of any
alternative account registration options.

The use of Google captcha is problematic because of freedom, privacy,
ethical and philosophical reasons.  There is a freedom problem because
JavaScript has to be enabled and Google captcha is not free software.
There is a privacy issue demonstrated by the Tor browser documentation's
security settings section which says that JavaScript is disabled when
the safest setting is
used. <https://tb-manual.torproject.org/security-settings/>  Then there
is an ethical issue of people doing free labor for Google.  Then there
is a philosophical issue if that free labor is used to train artificial
intelligence (Google is working on artificial intelligence
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google>) as this raises the issue of
artificial intelligence safety.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_control_problem>