Subject: bug#48763: 28.0.50; *Async-native-compile-log* buffer should be read-only

From: Thomas Hisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 19:37:17 +0200

Since the *Warnings* buffer is a read-only buffer, IMO
the *Async-native-compile-log* buffer should also be read-only.

(Support for fontification in this buffer would also be nice
;). Probably this deserves it's own bug-report)

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.29, cairo version 1.16.0)
  of 2021-05-28 built on NBPF1PQX4B
Repository revision: 6d916bfb37d88a63663ad5777c8c3b83fbcfdbd0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101001
System Description: Fedora 34 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
  'configure 'CFLAGS=-march=native -O3' --prefix=/opt/emacs --with-pgtk
  --with-xpm --with-jpeg --with-gif --with-tiff --with-modules
  --with-native-compilation --with-json'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Special

Minor modes in effect:
   counsel-projectile-mode: t
   counsel-mode: t
   ivy-rich-mode: t
   ivy-mode: t
   save-place-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   global-hi-lock-mode: t
   hi-lock-mode: t
   winner-mode: t
   winum-mode: t
   global-undo-tree-mode: t
   undo-tree-mode: t
   thi::spell-fu-mode: t
   spell-fu-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   global-ethan-wspace-mode: t
   async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
   projectile-mode: t
   recentf-mode: t
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   global-flycheck-mode: t
   flx-ido-mode: t
   evil-mode: t
   evil-local-mode: t
   envrc-global-mode: t
   envrc-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   override-global-mode: t
   url-handler-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   size-indication-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/thomas.hisch/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20210525.1141/transient hides
/opt/emacs/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/transient
/home/thomas.hisch/.emacs.d/user-lisp/custom hides
/opt/emacs/share/emacs/28.0.50/lisp/custom

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail vc-git mule-util
counsel-projectile counsel swiper ivy-rich ivy-hydra ivy ivy-faces
ivy-overlay colir saveplace-pdf-view pdf-tools pdf-view jka-compr
pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode exif tramp-archive
tramp-gvfs zeroconf dbus helm-mode bookmark+ bookmark+-key dired-x
bookmark+-1 bookmark+-bmu bookmark+-lit magit-bookmark bookmark hideshow
url-tramp ims-jira saveplace ffap paren delsel hi-lock thi-projects
winner py-isort format-all language-id reformatter apheleia winum
which-key wgrep-ag vterm-toggle tramp-sh vterm vterm-module term/xterm
xterm visual-regexp visual-fill-column undo-tree tree-sitter-langs
tree-sitter-langs-build tree-sitter-hl tree-sitter tree-sitter-load
tree-sitter-cli tsc tsc-dyn tsc-dyn-get dired-aux tsc-obsolete
typescript-mode stickyfunc-enhance semantic/util-modes semantic/util
semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet
ssh-config-mode sphinx-doc spell-fu smex
smart-mode-line-respectful-theme smart-mode-line-dark-theme
sanityinc-tomorrow-night-theme smart-mode-line rich-minority savehist
rust-utils rust-mode rust-rustfmt rust-playpen rust-compile rust-cargo
rg vc vc-dispatcher rg-info-hack rg-menu rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg
wgrep rg-history rg-header cus-edit cus-load rainbow-delimiters
python-docstring pyimport shut-up protobuf-mode ethan-wspace autoload
tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode pp paredit lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck
lsp-ui-doc goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline face-remap
lsp-ui-util dap-chrome dap-utils jiralib2 request kubernetes
kubernetes-overview kubernetes-services kubernetes-secrets
kubernetes-namespaces kubernetes-jobs kubernetes-pod-line
kubernetes-ingress kubernetes-errors kubernetes-nodes
kubernetes-statefulsets kubernetes-deployments kubernetes-contexts
kubernetes-configmaps kubernetes-logs kubernetes-labels kubernetes-pods
kubernetes-yaml kubernetes-loading-container kubernetes-commands
kubernetes-utils kubernetes-timers kubernetes-kubectl kubernetes-process
term disp-table ehelp kubernetes-props kubernetes-popups
kubernetes-state kubernetes-vars kubernetes-modes kubernetes-ast
idle-highlight-mode helm-projectile helm-files helm-tags helm-buffers
helm-occur helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils helm-locate helm-help
helm-types helm async-bytecomp helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu
helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib async projectile grep ibuf-ext
ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs highlight-indentation highlight-function-calls
gerrit gerrit-rest recentf forge-list forge-commands forge-semi
forge-bitbucket buck forge-gogs gogs forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab glab
forge-github ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub gnutls forge-notify
forge-revnote forge-pullreq forge-issue forge-topic forge-post
forge-repo forge forge-core forge-db closql emacsql-sqlite emacsql
emacsql-compiler magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-popup magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply
magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff smerge-mode diff diff-mode
git-commit log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-libgit libgit libegit2
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
server magit-mode transient magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm
flycheck-package package-lint let-alist finder flycheck find-func
flx-ido ido flx evil evil-keybindings evil-integration evil-maps
evil-commands reveal flyspell ispell evil-jumps evil-command-window
evil-types evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states
evil-core advice evil-common windmove calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs rect
evil-digraphs evil-vars equake envrc inheritenv ediff ediff-merg
ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs dumb-jump popup debbugs soap-client url-http url-auth
url-gw rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util xsd-regexp xml dracula-theme dired
dired-loaddefs doom-themes doom-themes-base hydra dap-mode dap-launch
posframe dap-overlays lsp-mode comp comp-cstr warnings lsp-protocol
yasnippet-snippets yasnippet tree-widget wid-edit spinner pcase
network-stream puny nsm rmc lv inline imenu ht f s ewoc epg epg-config
dash color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow cargo cargo-process docker-tramp
tramp-cache tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell pcomplete ls-lisp format-spec markdown-mode
edit-indirect color thingatpt noutline outline compile
text-property-search comint ansi-color diminish autorevert filenotify
quelpa-use-package cl-extra parse-time iso8601 time-date quelpa
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr lisp-mnt help-fns radix-tree help-mode use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-core finder-inf xref project
ring bug-reference xdg easy-mmode edmacro kmacro rx info package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1095149 271674)
  (symbols 48 80528 4)
  (strings 32 392880 58852)
  (string-bytes 1 11955336)
  (vectors 16 125357)
  (vector-slots 8 3861828 569411)
  (floats 8 719 1182)
  (intervals 56 5166 4152)
  (buffers 992 23))
Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

IMS Nanofabrication GmbH FN: 208021 p, FB-Gericht: Wien; Sitz: Schreygasse 3, 1020, Vienna (Austria),Tel. +43 1 214 48 94; E-Mail: [email-masked]; DVR-Nr: 0374369; www.ims.co.at