Subject: bug#48762: Bug in guix installer (seems to be unable to create swap) - reproducable

From: "Andrew \"Truck\" Holland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 16:01:52 +0300

I would _asume_ it could not be "EBUSY" as I see nothing in the script that
would mount the drive... Again: this is the script, not custom.  This is
100% reproducable in all my setups: just try using the defaults from the
installer, and you should hit this.

This occurs immediately after partitioning, which _does_ succeed.

- you say "some configurations" - try the DEFAULT. Let it wipe the HD, 
partition, and:  fail.

A guess, but ... one that makes no sense:

Surely it isn't one of those "old kernel" type problems where the new
partition scheme isn't known, and therefore, kernel can't find the partition
that the script expects?  I haven't seen one of those issues for... over
15 years (:

On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 03:12:32PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:
> 
> > The "free-parted" procedure that makes sure that all the partitions are
> > created and not in use probably fails in some configurations. Otherwise,
> > I cannot understand why the "mkswap" binary would fail.
> 
> Do we know why ‘mkswap’ exited with code 1, though?  EBUSY or could it
> be something else?
> 
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.
>