Subject: Re: bug#48761: perl-mode: "$temp" colored differently.

From: [email-masked] (Harald Jörg)
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 08:17:41 +0000

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> In perl-mode: $temp, @temp are colored differently. E.g., in
>> my (@AA, @temp, @barf, $temp, $x);
>
> I can reproduce this in Emacs 27, but not in Emacs 28:

I was too slow responding :/

This was patched with Bug#46024, which also has a list of other
"keywords" which have been removed from perl-mode: anon, argument,
supersede, let, and temp (sic!).
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=46024

It is still the case that perl-mode treats a few variables which have
names like "legal" perl keywords as keywords and not as variables: for
example $my, @our, %sub, &package.  That would require a different
patch, but these names are much less likely to occur in the wild.

> So I'm closing this bug report.

Different symptom, but same patch: I guess this should be merged?
-- 
Cheers,
haj