Subject: bug#48751: closed (Re: [bug#48751] [PATCH] services: laminar: Create parent directory for unix socket.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 05:01:02 +0000

Your bug report

#48751: [PATCH 0/1] Create parent directory for laminar unix socket

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
48751: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=48751
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#48751] [PATCH] services: laminar: Create parent directory for unix socket.
From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 10:30:12 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Chris,

> This looks good to me.

Pushed to master, thanks for the review!

> I don't think I've played around too much with different bind options,
> so I haven't come across this issue.

One problem still remains even after this patch. If the laminar web UI
is behind an nginx reverse proxy, the nginx user needs to have
read/write permissions to the unix socket. For this, it should be a
member of the laminar group. But, short of modifying the nginx service,
I don't know of any way to achieve this. Something more composable would
be nice. The nginx service being aware of laminar doesn't sound
right. Any ideas?

Regards,
Arun

Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Create parent directory for laminar unix socket
From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 01:29:52 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

If laminard is configured to listen on a unix socket, it should create the
parent directory of the unix socket with appropriate permissions. Currently,
no parent directory is created and the service fails to start.

Arun Isaac (1):
  services: laminar: Create parent directory for unix socket.

 gnu/services/ci.scm | 15 ++++++++++++++-
 1 file changed, 14 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.31.0