Subject: bug#48747: 28.0.50; add project-name generic

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 13:48:02 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> In project.el, add a 'project-name' cl-defgeneric, to be used in prompts
>> and other situations where the user is asked to identify a project.
>> It must return a string, which is nominally unique among the user's
>> various projects.
>> The default could be 'project-root'.
>
> Would you like to attach a patch that includes the places where we
> would use the new method?
>
> project-prefixed-buffer-name?

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

This was a year ago, and the original bug report didn't really include a
rationale for the cl-defgeneric.  Stephen, what would you use this for?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no