Subject: 28.0.50; Inconsistent font after theme modus-operandi upgrade

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 18:13:54 +0530

I have this setting in my init file:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(when (window-system)
  (custom-set-variables
   '(modus-themes-slanted-constructs t)
   '(modus-themes-bold-constructs nil))
  (load-theme 'modus-operandi))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

After upgrade the new version of modus-themes is merged on master, I get
the view attached as ‘emacs_1.png’.

If I comment-out the above lines in init file and then ‘M-x load-theme
RET modus-operandi RET’ after the startup, I get the view as in
‘emacs_2.png’.

Notice the font difference. And this difference is causing problems in
other areas. Like Gnus group buffer; the lines are not aligned properly.

Sorry for the image attachments.

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-apple-darwin20.5.0, NS appkit-2022.50 Version 11.4 (Build 20F71))
 of 2021-05-28 built on mb2.local
Repository revision: 6d916bfb37d88a63663ad5777c8c3b83fbcfdbd0
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2022
System Description:  macOS 11.4

Configured features:
ACL DBUS GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  direnv-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow flyspell ispell emacsbug url-http url-gw url-auth gnus-html
help-fns radix-tree url-cache org-duration view cal-china lunar solar
cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs cal-iso
face-remap org-agenda org-refile shr-color color sort smiley gnus-cite
mm-archive mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-async qp gnus-ml hl-line disp-table
nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnml nnfolder epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache
.gnus ebdb-message sendmail ebdb-gnus gnus-msg solidity-mode
solidity-common diary-lib diary-loaddefs ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-search gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr kinsoku svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view jka-compr
image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m
checkdoc vc-git flymake-proc flymake warnings elec-pair init savehist
desktop frameset ob-plantuml ob-sql ob-css ob-js ob-java ob-C cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs ob-python python tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat shell parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp
ob-R ebdb-mua ebdb-com ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar
ezimage dframe eieio-base pcase timezone direnv diff-mode dash po-mode
sesman vc vc-dispatcher edmacro kmacro clojure-mode lisp-mnt align imenu
rust-utils thingatpt rust-mode rx rust-rustfmt rust-playpen rust-compile
compile text-property-search rust-cargo org-mime ox-org ox-odt rng-loc
rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree generator org ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces
org-entities time-date org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table ol org-keys org-compat advice org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs noutline outline
delight hideshow tex crm texmathp cl-extra help-mode finder-inf
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core server avoid
paren cus-load tex-site info early-init package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
iso-transl tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue cocoa ns
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 705109 62162)
 (symbols 48 41617 3)
 (strings 32 183778 13599)
 (string-bytes 1 5801252)
 (vectors 16 79924)
 (vector-slots 8 1596589 115581)
 (floats 8 925 631)
 (intervals 56 1368 471)
 (buffers 992 51))

-- 
Regards ~Pankaj