Subject: bug#48714: 28.0.50; Inconsistent font after theme modus-operandi upgrade

From: Protesilaos Stavrou <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 14:54:23 +0300

On 2021-05-29, 15:48 +0530, Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Note that "emacs -Q -l test.el" is NOT the same as having the contents
>> of text.el be the only stuff in your ~/.emacs init file.  So for the
>> definitive evidence try "emacs" without -Q and have your .emacs have
>> only the above as its contents.
>
> Thanks Eli. I could now isolate the problem by copying my big init.el
> bit by bit. Here is the file that reproduces the issue. It is the
> combination of the modus-theme, org-mode and the external package
> org-mime. If any one of the blocks is disabled, Emacs works fine.
>
> Note: I am using use-package for managing external packages.
>
> [...]

I could not reproduce this.  I saved your file as ".emacs" in a pristine
environment.  Installed the external packages and started Emacs.  Then I
visited the .emacs to get the result in the attached screenshot.

The font family in the screenshot is DejaVu Sans Mono.  Could it be that
this is not a problem with how those packages interact but rather with
font files that are not available on your system?

Or maybe I have missed something?

-- 
Protesilaos Stavrou
https://protesilaos.com