Subject: Re: bug#48714: 28.0.50; Inconsistent font after theme modus-operandi upgrade

From: Pankaj Jangid <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 19:16:34 +0530

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> If I comment-out the above lines in init file and then ‘M-x load-theme
>> RET modus-operandi RET’ after the startup, I get the view as in
>> ‘emacs_2.png’.
>> 
>> Notice the font difference. And this difference is causing problems in
>> other areas. Like Gnus group buffer; the lines are not aligned properly.
>
> I don't understand: these 2 are defcustoms.  If you don't like their
> effects, just leave them at their default values.

I think I was not clear enough.

Basically, I get different font width margin etc. based on when I am
loading the theme. If I load the theme from init, I get ‘emacs_1.png’
and if I load the theme using ‘M-x load-theme RET modus-operandi RET’,
then I get the view ‘emacs_2.png’. In both the scenarios I am talking
about the same theme i.e. modus-operandi. I really like this theme. That
is why I am a bit concerned.

Look at the mode-line to see the differences.

CCing Protesilaos.