Subject: bug#4870: Emacs install with new personality

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 00:39:56 -0500

"Parker, Brian" wrote:

> I made the mistake of upgrading to Ubuntu 9.10.
[...]
> 1 - The "Revert-buffer" option on the "File" menu no longer works.
[...]
>
> 2 - The "Buffers" menu no longer shows all the buffers I have open.

This is a known issue, fixed in Emacs CVS.

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=4122
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/emacs22/+bug/415101

As a workaround, you may use

GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1 emacs

> 3 - When I scroll using the scroll bar (and mouse cursor of course)
> I must keep the cursor exactly on the scroll bar (i.e. no wandering
> outside of the Emacs window frame) or else the position of the text
> goes right back to where I started when I let the mouse button up.
[...]
> 4 - When scrolling using the scroll bar, text is selected and
> highlighted.

Perhaps these are the same issue, I don't know. Let us know if
the GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS workaround helps.