Subject: [bug#48696] [PATCH 0/3] Documenting commit reverts and revocation

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 14:32:59 +0200

Hello Guix!

Attached is an attempt to:

  1. Structure the “Commit Access” section of the manual;

  2. Document how to address committers’ mistakes, when to revert
     commits;

  3. Explain under what circumstances maintainers may revoke commit
     rights.

It essentially codifies unwritten rules, but as always, I think it’s
better to be explicit about the rules and community expectations.

Let me know what you think!  I propose to leave a comment period
of at least one week, possibly iterating with new versions.

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (3):
  doc: Structure the "Commit Access" section.
  doc: Add "Addressing Mistakes" section.
  doc: Explain more reasons for commit revocation.

 doc/contributing.texi | 114 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 1 file changed, 93 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)

-- 
2.31.1