Subject: bug#48683: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Feature suggestion gnus-summary-toggle-mark-as-processable

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 09:59:43 -0700

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I can absolutely use `#' and `M-#`, but switching between
>> the two quickly when going through dozens of messages requires a fair
>> amount of dexterity.
>
> It seems like many people would prefer to have the `#' command be a
> toggle.  Perhaps we should just add a user option to have `#' toggle or
> not?  (Defaulting to "not toggle" for backwards compatibility.)

Would it be too confusing to have it behave as a toggle with no prefix,
but "always mark multiple articles" when used with a numeric prefix?

To complicate things further, I think it would be worth making sure that
group marking in *Group* and article marking in *Summary* work the same.
This stuff is super prone to muscle memory, that consistency would be
nice.

2¢...