Subject: bug#48683: 28.0.50; [PATCH] Feature suggestion gnus-summary-toggle-mark-as-processable

From: Eric Abrahamsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 19:07:28 -0700

"Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, May 28 2021, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>
>> Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> I have been missing a article process mark toggle for a while and would
>>> like to propose the below patch. If "+" is not an appropriate key to use
>>> for this, I am happy to accept an alternative.
>>
>> Hm.  A toggle command for the process mark?  I'm not quite sure I see
>> the utility, and it's unusual in a Gnus marking context -- none of the
>> other marking commands toggle (like setting the tick mark).
>
> i for one would use it.  in my case, it's very common that i've marked
> an article by mistake (for instance when marking several for deletion).
>
>> And the `+' key isn't very mnemonic for a command that toggles the `#'
>> mark.
>
> i always forget it doesn't work, but my expectation is always that # on
> an already marked article would unmark it...

Same here. My hands keep doing this, despite the fact that it never
works. Given that "add mark" on an already-marked article is a no-op, it
seems like it wouldn't hurt to have it toggle.