Subject: bug#48674: Frames and minibuffer bug

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2021 19:45:11 +0200

merge 48674 48675
quit

Thanks for the report.  I've just tried to merge this with the following
one.

 > 4. M-x (The bug appears, it is not possible to write in the minibuffer)

The crucial part is the

   (dolist (frame (frame-list))
     (with-selected-frame frame

setting the cursor is not necessary to reproduce it.  Since the bug does
not appear with Emacs 27, this could be due to Alan's minibuffer window
changes.

 > Note:
 > As soon as the new frame is destroyed, it is possible again to write in the
 > minibuffer.

Right but as soon as I make another frame and type M-x I get

completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer

so I'm at the same time in the active minibuffer and a normal buffer.

martin