Subject: Buffer list in Buffers menu is not updated on the fly

From: Robert Jørgensgaard Engdahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 17:44:56 +0100

The problem startet right after upgrading from Ubuntu 9.04 to Ubuntu
9.10.  When starting emacs for editing a file, like

$ emacs Makefile

and then later do "C-x C-f something.mk" to open the file called
something.mk, the something.mk is not added to the list of buffers in
the Buffers menu.

Furthermore, when closing the Makefile buffer, Makefile is not removed
from the buffer list in the Buffers menu.  And when choosing Makefile
in the buffer list in the Buffers menu I get the error

 <menu-bar> <buffer> Makefile is undefined

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
If you would like to further debug the crash, please read the file
/usr/share/emacs/22.2/etc/DEBUG for instructions.

In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.2)
 of 2009-10-15 on rothera, modified by Ubuntu
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10604000
configured using `configure  '--build=i486-linux-gnu'
'--host=i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs22:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/22.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/22.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/22.2/leim'
'--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN
-DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed'
'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading vc-svn...done
Loading vc...done
Making completion list...
Loading help-mode...done
Making completion list...
Loading make-mode...done
Loading emacsbug...done
byte-code: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Loading dired...done